Thursday, January 22, 2009

The girls arrival


In the NICU
Madison
Abigail

Sorry it took me so long to get this post done. School started this week, a new house to unpack, two newborns, and a crazy three year old. Needless to say...I have been very busy. SOOOO I went off the terb pump and less than 24 hours later I was in labor. I timed my contractions from 9:30 pm-10:30 pm on Tuesday, December 30th and they were 2 minutes apart for a solid hour. I knew this was the real deal, so I prepared. I took a shower, straitened my hair, finished some laundry to pack my bag, and looked up middle names online :) I was on the phone with my best friend Ashley telling her how I was in labor BUT could not go to the hosipital until I had some middle names picked out. She was basically like, "Stephanie, I am hanging up. I will call you back in a little while and you better be at the hospital." Mind you Jerald is in bed sleeping this whole time because he is sicker than a dog. We get to the hospital at 11:30 PM. I told the nurses this was the real deal. They all new me because I literally spend the last 2 months up there. My doctor is not a night person, so he told them to order me some Demeroll and some IV fluids and he would be in around 5 AM. He could do this because technically I was only 35 weeks and he wanted me to hold out until 36 weeks. No luck for him. My contractions got more consistent and they took me in for my c-section around 2:30 AM. Abigail was born at 2:37 AM with stats of 4 lbs 12 oz and 17 inches long. Madison was born at 2:38 AM with stats of 4 lbs 15 1/2 oz and 17 1/2 inches long. The hospital stay was interesting because Jerald was sent home sick by one of the nurses. So my dad stayed up at the hospital with me while he got better. The girls were only in the NICU for like 12 hours to help maintain their body temperature. We all went home on Friday night, and the journey has officially begun. :)

No comments: