Friday, December 5, 2008

Adding to the family


Well...Jerald and I knew we wanted to have a baby right away. So we knew we were getting married in June, so I thought for sure it would take a few months. Not so much...we found out we were pregnant on May 25, 2008. I can not say either one of us were shocked, but we knew we had to wait a couple weeks to tell the family :) I chose Dr. Rajala here in Allen as my new OB, and we both loved him from the first visit. I was so sick, and even had to be on IV fluids for passing out and being dehydrated. I was taking care of my Grandma Helen at the time as well, and I had a feeling that this pregnancy was twins from the very beginning. I even told my Dr. that at my first appointment on June 17th, and he said, "well, if it is twins then we will know for sure next month at your 12 week sonogram" I could not wait that long, so I went to Real Options in Plano on June 25th for a sonogram, sure enough. I looked at the sonogram techinitian and said "there is not two is there?" She said, "well as a matter of fact there is!" with a huge smile on her face. She also explained to us that from the looks of it they were identical because there was only one placenta. I literally jumped off the table. I think Jerald and I both stopped breathing for a minute. Then I was in Mommy mode and automatically had to know that both babies had good and stong heart beats. Everyones reaction to twins was very shocked. It has been very up and down since. They truely are out little miracles!

No comments: