Friday, December 5, 2008

Pregnancy up to 32 weeks...







This pregnancy has been an uphill battle from the very beginning. I knew from the very beginning that this was not going to be an easy pregancy, so I somewhat prepared myself. When I was 12 1/2 weeks, we found out from the sonogram at my perinatolgist (high-risk OB), Dr. Rosnes that were having two little girls! :) Also, confirmed that they were identical because they shared a placenta and were in two thinning seperated amniotic sacs. I was extremely sick and nauseous up until about 18 weeks. I was also diagnosed with hyperthyroidism with a large goiter (Graves Disease) in June. I lost quite a bit of weight in the beginning, but the girls have always been healthy and little troopers. Once well into my 2nd trimester, my belly started getting bigger and bigger. Everyday Jerald would come home from work, and he would be able to notice a difference. Around 28 weeks, I started having some trouble with pre-term labor that landed me in the hospital. I was sent home on Procardia. After one week, one morning at 3 AM, my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart, so off the hospital again. I was only 29 weeks, and we were all scared there for a few hours that Dr. Rajala was going to have to deliver the babies. I got two doses of steroid shots to mature their lungs. Unfortunately, this time I had to go on Magnesium for 5 days. Let me just say....it was the worst experience ever. This medicine is a full body muscle relaxer, and it makes you feel AWFUL. Thank God, my contractions slowed down enough for me to go on a Terbutaline pump, and I have been home since. I am on strict bed rest, as my doctor puts it..."your feet are only to hit the floor to go to the bathroom and shower every two days" I am still having contractions 3 sometimes 9 an hour, but they are not changing my cervix, so I get to stay home for now. The girls are healthy as can be. No sonogram since the very beginning has showed any problems other than they are in the lower percentile for size. My doctors are not concerned about this though at all :) I am now 32 weeks which is very good for their development, and although I am huge and extremely uncomfortable I will do anything to keep them in another 4-6 weeks.

No comments: