Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Jerald!

Today is Jerald's birthday. He kept joking with me and all of our friends that he was "skipping his birthday this year" Well it looks like I literally helped him do that. I am back in the hospital. I got here early Sunday morning for contractions 1-2 minutes apart. They disconnected the terbutaline pump and did a "mag wash". That is a term used for magnesium sulfate. It flushes the receptors to the terbutaline, calms the uterus, and legitimately works the best for stopping labor. BUT....it is such an awful feeling. So here I am at 4 pm on Monday and they just weaned me off the last of the mag and I am back on the terb. Hopefully this will buy us another 2 weeks or so. They are taking me off of the terb pump at 34 weeks. Also, they will discontinue the progesterone shot at 34 weeks, and also they will only use magnesium with me up until 34 weeks as well.

I just wanted to take a minute to tell Jerald, Happy Birthday! He has been working his butt off, trying to manage the house, me, moving, and the kids. Bless his heart. I wish so much we could go out for a romantic dinner tonight, but his little girls had other ideas! Haha guess this won't be the first time! :) I take for granted how wonderful he is to me sometimes, but he has helped keep me together through all this. He is such a wonderful father to Caden and Ashlyn, and I know he will be just as wonderful to Abigail and Madison. So Happy 32nd Birthday Jerald from a loving wife to her amazing husband on his birthday! I love you with all my heart and soul!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hello! I saw you added to my blog as a follower! Welcome to my family! It looks like yours is about to get bigger :) Congrats on the twins. My girls are id too. So, you are on hospital bedrest? Take good care, you've already come so far!! email me at dittlinger(at)verizon(dot)net if you wanna chat some more!